30 Before 30
September 3, 2010 § 2 Comments
To a lot of people, this isn’t a big deal. To others, it’s a huge deal. The expectations leading up to that fated day are high, soaring, or incredibly low. It depends on the person, I guess, and what they want to get out of that day. Do I learn something? Do I not learn something? Do I get lots of shiny baubles? Do my friends forget?
I turn 25 next month.
Which I guess isn’t a big deal.
Except, I let a significant part of my life spiral out of control, which had a snowball effect on the rest of my life. All of these factors are what inspired today’s post.
Here’s my list:
30 Things to Accomplish/Do Before 30
- Become financially independent.
- Move somewhere nice and affordable not in the Eastern Panhandle or DC Metro Area.
- Get a promotion.
- Go on a vacation to England.
- Go to France.
- Go to Asia.
- Buy a DSLR for longevity and practicality.
- Create a plan to eliminate my debt.
- Effectively pay off all revolving credit card debt.
- Eliminate clutter and distraction from my living space.
- Learn flash photography.
- Get something published (photograph, poem, something)
- Visit Seattle (and Tominda) again.
- Paint a room.
- Build a webpage for photography and other various work.
- Create a portfolio.
- Improve upon created portfolio.
- See Erika!
- Learn to let go and just have a good time.
- Make a large investment in my future.
- Make a large investment in general.
- Adopt a second dog.
- Pay off my car.
- Learn to knit and subsequently knit something.
- Lose 50 pounds.
- Learn to sew a button.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Say hello to a stranger.
- Learn to hardboil an egg.
- Swim in the ocean.
A lot of these don’t seem exceptional, but given that I’ve wanted to do them and haven’t in the past 10+ years says a lot. I need to find the time to do everything I’ve wanted to.
One of those is already crossed off. More on that later.